Sunday, May 22, 2011

ease

today is one of those days where i am entirely thankful. not because it's sunday, and not because the world didn't end yesterday. but because i have so many good things in my life. sometimes i forget that, but i love when something reminds me. as i was sitting in church today i heard so many great stories. it made me think about my life and the way i present myself to others. i try to be a good example -- but sometimes its hard when i do it all on my own -- on my own as in any religious aspect, i'm alone. sure my family doesn't necessarily mind that i go to church and what not, but our values are entirely different, but that's okay. i try to be the best example i can be considering my background and what not -- and i know i can be better. be a better example to those around me. as of late i've felt a little saddend by my actions. i've been almost... what's the word? lost. i haven't been making the exact right choices that i should be, and i know it. i think at some point in everyones lives they try to find a way out from all the frustration, while trying to find themselves. in doing so we tend to make the wrong choices, but i think those choices we end up making have an significant effect on the person we are trying to become, or the person we know we are capable of being. i've learned that i don't need to do 'what everyone else' is doing. i need to stick to my guns and follow through with the ultimate desires of my heart.

so today i am thankful for --
the gospel
goodness of the heart
strength to better myself
my family support
the will to do things alone
strength to move on
& faith

this was a little quote i stumbled upon and felt the need to share as well...

If you want a thing bad enough to go out and fight for it, to work day and night for it, to give up your time, your peace, and your sleep for it... if all that you dream and scheme is about it, and life seems useless and worthless without it... if you gladly sweat for it and fret for it and plan for it and lose all your terror of the opposition for it... if you simply go after that thing you want with all of your capacity, strength and sagacity, faith, hope and confidence and stern pertinacity... if neither cold, poverty, famine, nor gout, sickness nor pain, of body and brain, can keep you away from the thing that you want... if dogged and grim you beseech and beset it, with the help of God, you'll get it!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment