Wednesday, December 26, 2012

To an end...

I honestly cannot believe that this year is over. It's true what they say - the older you get the faster time flies. Sometimes I wish it would slow down. It's crazy how long some weeks feel and how so often we wish for time to speed up, when in reality it really goes so quickly. Looking back on this year I have so much to be grateful for! I remember how much I loathed 2011 and couldn't wait for a whole new year... I told myself that I wasn't going to hold back in 2012 - and that I didn't. I have been so blessed with so many amazing opportunities. I've got to see places I never thought I'd see and meet people I never thought I'd meet. I surprised myself a lot, actually. I learned so much. I learned that it's okay to let go. I also learned that it's okay to be alone. It's okay to open your heart even though it may hurt like hell. It's okay to say yes. It's okay to challenge yourself. It's okay to look back and remember why you aren't that person anymore. It's okay to let YOURSELF be happy. I hear so often that people rely too much on others for their happiness alone. People need contant reassurance and they can't do things on their own. They ALWAYS need someone there. But guess what? Sometimes someone isn't always going to be there. You need to learn to be sustainable on yourself. Of  course, it's always nice to have someone there, someone to rely on - but the truth is it needs to be you first. No one else. You are in charge of your life. And that right there is something I learned this year. With that being said - I can't even begin to explain how blessed I have been with the new faces that have come into my life. I have made such great new friends and have met someone who makes me happier than words! He lightens my entire day.  I wouldn't be able to say that without all I've learned this year prior to meeting those sweet faces. Once again, all I can say is how blessed I have been this year and how entirely grateful I am!


I Believe in the sun even,when it's not shining.
I believe in love even,when I'm alone.
I believe in God even,when he is silent.

Have a lovely new year!

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment